With judging rapidly approaching, we thought it would be nice to share some striking July photos of floral displays around the Conservation area of Bray which the two RHS National judges will see when they visit on 1st August. Everyone hopes the judges will enjoy the displays and the year round efforts of the community.
Fingers crossed for a high score!. The results of the National competition will be announced at the awards ceremony in Llandudno on October 27th.
1. Old garden footwear recycled to good use!
2. The front garden of Jesus Hospital looks as immaculate as ever.
3. The quadrangle at Jesus Hospital.
4. What a display along the Terrace! A remarkable example of what may be achieved in a small area.
5. The Bray Guides bed near the Village Hall. This was designed and planted by our local guides. Great community participation and a cheery welcome to all visiting or living in our village.
6. Colourful hanging baskets and pots, showcasing this year’s chosen colour theme, at the end of Bettoney Vere next to Ferry Road.
7. A lovely colourful entrance to St Michael’s Church along Church Lane through the Lich Gate.
8. Potted floral glory in Church Lane.
9. Planters at the entrance to the Causeway car park enhancing that corner with planting in this year’s colours: red, pink, white and green
10. Stylish elegance in a private drive along the High Street near the Causeway.
11. Chocolate box perfection” around the listed War Memorial. This vista really wows the overseas visitors to our village.
12. Bray’s main street was NOT designed for cars! The “throat” in the High Street is enhanced by stunning summer displays of petunias and antirrhinums.
13. More planters through “the throat.